After 9 years of educating children in Baltimore, we are thrilled to welcome our first 6th-grade class in 2016. Our Middle School program will add a grade each year, expanding to encompass grades 6 through 8 by fall 2018.
2017–2018 Middle School Enrollment Is Open
Come join a thriving school community. If you are interested in learning more about our Middle School program, inquire today.
“The mind is not a vessel to be filled, but a fire to be kindled.” –Plutarch
Middle School Areas of Focus
TNCS’s Middle School program cultivates critical thinking, preparing students to enter competitive high-school environments. The curriculum focuses on mastery of core academics, STEM, and modern world languages. Class sizes are small, allowing teachers to differentiate instruction and offer individualized support. Rigor is infused through the program, with students taking on increasingly complex tasks through the Middle School grades.
Literature & Language Arts
- Citing textual evidence to support analysis
- Writing arguments to support claims
- Reading and comprehending literature
World Languages & Cultures
- Building fluency in Mandarin Chinese and Spanish
- Enhancing geographic knowledge and cultural understanding
- Planning and scheduling time
- Surveying and skimming texts
- Learning a variety of note-taking formats
- Acquiring test-taking strategies
- Following multistep procedures
- Developing and using models
- Analyzing and interpreting data
- Exploring science-related social issues
- Developing real-life and mathematical problem-solving
- Expanding algebraic and geometric thinking
- Understanding statistics and probability
- Using technology, including the Internet, to produce and publish writing and link to and cite sources
- Employing mobile devices and applying web-based tools across curriculum topics
- Practicing fitness and honing sports skills
- Studying health and nutrition
- Reading music
- Playing a musical instrument
- Utilizing a wide variety of media and techniques
- Studying art history and appreciation
Transferring in to the 6th-Grade ProgramTNCS is reserving a limited number of 6th-grade spots for transfer students from Baltimore City public elementary schools and other private schools. Applicants are required to submit elementary school transcripts and letters of recommendation and to undergo an interview.
Over the many years my daughter has been at TNCS, she’s grown tremendously both personally and academically. We’re very much looking forward to continuing the journey as she transitions to Middle School.Jennifer L.
- March STEAM Madness at TNCS!
- TNCS’s Annual Elementary & Middle School Information Nights: An Overview
- TNCS Continues Annual Service to the Community with Project Linus
- TNCS Students Get Technical!
- Ozone Snack Bar Grand Opening!
- TNCS Middle School: Opening the Window of Awakening
- TNCS Welcomes DBFA and the “Big Kids”
- TNCS Skypes with Students from Other Countries
- Lessons in Gratitude at TNCS